Saturday 15 February 2014

Happy Valentine's Day~

14/02/2014 – Friday

     Happy Valentine’s Day! Although, it’s Happy Single’s Day for me since I don’t have a girlfriend and never had one before. This makes my 18th year of spending  Valentine’s day, alone. As much as I hate to admit it’s Valentine’s day, even though it’s just another Friday, the mood for this ‘lovers’ day is in the air.

     First of all, this ‘special’ day is taken advantage by business opportunities.  In my college alone, there are booths around college selling stuff for Valentine’s day! “I should do that too, but oh well, I don’t have any bright ideas so just forget it.”

     Anyways, just this morning, I saw a guy confessing to a girl in the hallway. It’s very obvious that they weren’t couples. Come on dude, you can confess to her any day! So, I walked out of my classroom and was heading to get myself a drink and there they were, standing awkwardly by the hallway. The guy said something and gave an awkward hug (since I was there), he probably hated me since I spoiled his ‘moment’. I gave them my ‘I don’t give a f*ck face’ and looked away. “Nothing wrong with that, right?” :D Although, I did end up snickering after I walked past them and they probably noticed that too but I don’t care.

     Valentine’s day, so what does this day remind me of? It brings me back to last year. I was still chatting daily with my senior then and the day before Valentine’s day, I told her that I wanted to make something for the girl I loved. That girl would be my highschool love. I still remembered that I wanted to bake her chocolate cupcakes or something for Valentine’s day and my senior just had to say that some other guy might be giving her chocolate.  It didn’t happen because I was still inexperienced in baking and she wasn’t even around. She went back to her hometown or something.


     Hm…so what did I do today? I went for college in the morning till afternoon. I rushed home and went for gym. After that, I went for some grocery shopping and started my little cooking project. I actually planned it few days ago since I won’t have a date or partner for Valentine’s day. Pasta baked with mozzarella cheese and roasted chicken seasoned with honey & herbs. The final touches were cream of mushroom and a mixture of peppers.  The pasta was a little disappointing but the chicken was fantastic. Overall, I was satisfied with my ‘work of art’. >///<

   Never had I known how to cook, but here's my beginning. :) 

  In the past, I couldn’t cook for the girl I love when she was sick. I only knew how to go out and buy ‘takeaways’ for her. Then, I remember carrying her to the dinning table for lunch and back to her bed for her to rest. I had always wanted to bake something nice or cook something yummy for her, but I didn’t even have the slightest idea of where to start! In the future, never will I let that happen again. I’m eager to learn all sorts of dishes and bake all sorts of pastries for my future girl. ^^

Oh well, the past is past, I guess that won’t ever happen. I’ve heard she’s gotten a boyfriend recently from my friend. “The girl I love has a boyfriend, oh wow, how should I react?” It’s not a big surprise and it didn’t have a big impact on me because I’ve already expected such a thing to happen, sooner or later. Hopefully, she’ll be happy with her new boyfriend and I hope the guy knows how to take care of her.

For me, I’ll just wait for her, even if she’ll have 3 or 5 or 10 boyfriends, I’ll probably still wait for her if my feelings for her are unchanged. You may call me stupid or insane but that’s who I am, my feelings for her are stubborn. Although, I hope to find a girl who will love me as much as I love her and maybe, I won’t be spending Valentine’s day alone next year. ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment