Wednesday 18 September 2013

Pursuit

18/09/2013 – Wednesday

     What an unlucky day it was today, for my friend. I was invited to go out with two of my classmates few days back, so we all skipped school together. Two of us went out from home and another literally skipped school. I had to the drive girl who literally skipped school for breakfast and we met up with the other friend later on in a shopping mall.

     Breakfast was awkward because there was an awkward silence. I’ll just name my friends as A and B. Anyways, B and I don’t mix well together. It’s not like we’re enemies or anything, it’s just that we both feel strange when meeting each other. Anyways, after breakfast, we head straight to the arcade. The girls played various types of machines while I watched, it’s not that I couldn’t afford playing but watching them play is more enjoyable than playing it myself. I joined one of the games though, the racing game.

     It was fun, we were engrossed with the game till it ended.  B couldn’t find her bag after the game. It was stolen. She left it beside her seat but the thief just slipped his/her arm in the space between the seats and took off. Surprisingly, neither of the two girls noticed, I was sitting further off so obviously I wouldn’t have noticed.

     We were pacing about the arcade searching for the missing bag. We hoped it would have been left behind instead of stolen. To no avail, we gave up searching. My heart ached a little when I saw her holding back tears and kicking chairs around the arcade. She is the girl whom has little similarity to my senior, so she’s someone interesting to me. It’s not that I like her or anything but she is special in her own way. Giving up is meaningless, we might as well try our best to do something about this. I quickly informed the nearest guard to start ‘opening their eyes’ and watch out for the bag. It was terrible, it took time and convincing just so the guard will use his ‘walkie talkie’ to alert the other guards.
 
     “Come on! Can’t you grasp the situation and just work on it?! The bag was stolen just few minutes ago, if we don’t act now it’ll be too late by then!” Oh my gosh, It was frustrating convincing these people. My friends and I paced around for a while and I left them to seek for assistance in the ‘guard office’. I didn’t have a clear cut image of how her bag looked like because I didn’t really paid any attention to it but I had to use whatever info I have. The guard in the office was the same, his ability to grasp the situation was so slow! Luckily, there was another man or officer who understood my situation. He convinced the guard on duty to contact the rest of the guards in the shopping mall to keep a lookout for the bag. 

     There wasn’t much in the bag actually. B left her cell phone, wallet and a pack of tissue in the bag but she was most concern about her Identity Card. I couldn’t bear the sight of her holding back tears, it tears me apart and I don’t know why. Then, I left the office to continue my search for the stolen bag. I paced quickly throughout the mall, it was as if I was jogging in the mall. When I called A on the phone, can you believe it…they gave up searching and went back to the arcade so B could release her frustration. It left me speechless and I just…. o.o….. blurrrrr

     The situation seems hopeless, it’s just a minor problem actually but why am I getting so worked up about this? It’s not even my bag that was stolen. I relied on my own strength and forgot to trust in God, that was my very first mistake. I stopped, in the middle of the mall, I prayed and asked God to lend me his strength. After a while, I met up with my friends and a guard told me that they found the bag.

     We went back to the ‘guard office’ and the guards told me that the bag was left behind at some staircase. The only things that were stolen are cash and cellphone. Luckily, she didn’t bring much cash, so it wasn’t a big lost and her cellphone was a cheap one. The sign of relief was written all over her face as her Identity Card was intact. Her cute smile quickly lit up her flustered face and she was hugging her bag tightly, she looked so cute at that moment. She looked like a little girl who just lost her beloved teddy bear.

  I have receipt but no drink...I wonder why? >< 
   I thanked the guards and took my leave. There was still an awkward silence between B and I but A was there to lighten up the mood, surprisingly, she’s good at trying to keep things positive. The day went on as we went for bowling, arcade and movie. 


Hm… I wonder what would they have done if I wasn’t there? O.o Would they have continued searching or given up? O.o

No comments:

Post a Comment