Friday 9 August 2013

Unexpected Encounter.

09/08/2013 – Friday                                                                           

     Unexpected encounter, this was really unexpected for me.

I woke up early this morning to fulfill my promise. I wanted to craft something for my cousin’s very belated birthday gift. It was supposed to be a cup of Starbucks but somehow it ended up being a homemade gift. I didn’t expect that we would meet again so soon but oh well, guess being late than never is alright for me. I went straight to work after my cup of protein shake. I had to measure the wood, saw it into smaller piece and then craft it with a short blade. I made it just in time to meet up with my cousins in Midvalley.


     I drove to Midvalley with my family. 
     My aunt managed to get a one-day free trial for Celebrity Fitness in Midvalley (since her family is members of it). It was quite spacious but the machines weren’t anything special and it was somewhat crowded for me. The toilets and bathrooms aren’t as good as my gym’s (Fitness First in Summit), the lockers are not so convenient and they don’t provide free drinks. I still prefer the gym I go to then.  The best thing about Celebrity Fitness in Midvalley for me would probably be the swimming pool and oh my gosh, I haven’t swim since I was approximately 9 years old. I’m 17 now so it has been 8 years since I’ve been in a swimming pool!

      Anyways, after gym I went for lunch at Food Junction. Chit chat with my aunt, tease my cousin a little and moved on until… that is when it happened. I saw her. It was definitely an unexpected encounter for me.

     I didn’t notice her at first while I was walking but for no reason (I have no idea why), I just turned my head to the left and saw her. She was standing or rather resting her back by the wall while fiddling with her phone. We were just about 5 meters far. I saw my other seniors standing while chatting but she was just there engrossed with her phone. I quickly swooped to a corner (not too far from where she was standing), I texted her ‘long time no see’ to test her reaction but as predicted, she simply ignored me. She could have changed her number but I’m guessing she just ignored it.

     As lucky as it was for me (not so lucky for her), she came to a somewhat bench...(it wasn’t a proper bench so I called it ‘somewhat bench), and sat directly across to me. She was just sitting parallel to where I was standing, practically looking at me. It took her about 10 seconds to realize that I was standing there. “Damn, I suddenly feel like a stalker.” Anyways, for a few seconds, our eyes met. Once again, I don’t know why, I just shook my head in disappointment while looking at her. She quickly avoided eye contact after that and treat as if she has just seen another stranger staring at her.
I wanted to talk to her but I respect her decision, if she’s going to treat me that way, then so will I. I’m not ready to meet her yet, not till I’ve achieved my goal, not till I’ve surpassed her, not till I’ve lived my dream of being on the same platform as she is.

     I acted like any other passer-by, walking with a phone to my ear (I was actually calling my other senior whom I’ve not seen for half a year though sadly, he didn’t pick up) and moved on without another word. The feeling was…sadness and disappointment. I was hurt by the reaction she gave me but I deserved it, I deserved being treated like a stranger by her. I deserved being hated but she was kind enough not to hate me, she just ignored me. I felt happy yet sad because I got to see her once again but got treated like a stranger.

I managed to save my favourite picture of her in my computer. Only two people have pictures in my contact list. Her and her best friend.  

She was wearing the same shirt since the last time I went out with her (I think, it looks the same). She is the girl with specs. She is special. She understands me. She is my senior. She is my precious friend. She is my motivation to succeed. She is a girl I treasure. She is Li Hung. 

I miss you and it was nice seeing you again.  

2 comments:

  1. It isnt the shirt i wore last time when i went out with you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous,
      I did not dare to have a nice long look at you, so it looks the same to me. >_<...

      Delete