Monday 18 March 2013

Short Story - Pass By


18/03/2013 – Monday

     I was among the crowd of people, all so busy with their lives. As I was slithering through the crowd, I was trying to escape and seek for freedom from this ‘sea’ of people. I saw a sight that captivated my attention, I was so drawn to it that I lost sight of my own objective.

     I stood there among the crowd, staring at a girl. As if I am  just a statue, the crowd kept on moving and moving as if I did not exist. She was there by an exclusive watch shop. I caught a glimpse of the prices and it seems only millionaires could afford those prices. The girl was wearing something simple, nothing complicated and nothing too simple, her long hair was finely straighten and her eyes were sparkling as she was adoring those extravagant watches.

     The look in her eyes were unimaginably captivating. It’s unlike a girl who found her true love nor a man who found gold but it’s more like a young innocent girl who has gotten her first toy. The sparkle in her eyes were…, words could not even express how it is. It’s just insanely amazing.

     I wanted to speak to her, even though she is just another stranger to me. Her eyes were still so mesmerized by those objects which only millionaires could afford yet I walk away as if I it would just be another memory for me.

     I walk among the crowd once again, moving on with my own selfish life.

-          Based on a true story      

No comments:

Post a Comment