Friday 16 November 2012

Reunion ~ (Friend)

10/11/2012 - Saturday 

     Since we've last met, one year has passed already. So many have changed especially me, I have been through changes throughout this year. Returning to my hometown, Sandakan, how excited was I to look back on my history pages.
     As the plane touched the land that is my hometown, I thought to myself "At long last, I'm home". Fresh and new, I'm home as the same person yet somewhat different. It was vaguely about 6 in the evening yet it's already so dark. How odd it feels compared to West Malaysia. 
     Plans made. Options decided. I'm home to visit the place I love, taste the food I adore and most of all reunite with my precious friends I once disappeared on. My original plan was actually to meet Xiao Thong as the first person once I reached home. Though many things have happened, I've been set free by myself. 
     Saturday morning, I awoke at such early hour. Clearly eager to meet my friend, Xuan Er. Set out by foot to the town, my cousin and I accompanied my grandma for some grocery shopping, breakfast and hair saloon for her haircut. After that, we just waited at the promised location until she arrives. 
     Short hair and with a bright smile, Xuan Er ran across the road with the same features as before. Her ladylike personality and cheerfulness still remains the same, how utterly relived i was. 
     The awkwardness between my cousin and Xuan Er was quickly resolved as she was an easy person to befriend with. Anyways, we wandered the streets of the town just for the sake of sight-seeing and enjoy the moments/company we have together. My cousin kind of just went off to visit my relative as an excuse to escape from our reunion as he has no relations in this reunion.
     Lunch, brought her to 'The Boss 2' or rather she was the one who brought me there. Sitting just directly in front of her, i dare not stare into her eyes as I'm quite a shy person. We ended up sharing our stories of this year that passed by. Chatting while eating and chatting after eating, we just had so much to share with one another.
     Before we planned this reunion, we already promised to have our picture taken together. Being a gentleman, i payed the bill and we both set out to search for a good place to have our pictures taken, I chose the seaside. 

     Unfortunately, it was quite a sunny afternoon. The brightness kind of affects my camera vision, so i'm not sure if i was able to get good shots. We just sat down by the seaside, chat for awhile and head off to Mc'Donald's for dessert.
     Taking pictures in public with a girl, something i do not often experience. It felt like a date, as if we're couples on  a date. Though it's not. :P The two of us have mutual feelings as friends and that's how WE feel things should be. :)
     Accompanying her back to her parents' office, that was the end of our reunion. Standing by the steps of the stairs leading to her parents' office, I just looked at her. I thought to myself "How much longer will it be till we meet again?" I wanted to hug her as I'll miss my dear friend once again but being my usual self, i just gave a little smile and greet goodbye.

Hope we meet again soon, my friend. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure we will^_^ we have so much fun these two days..hope ur memory not that bad la..>0< ohhh..today's bowling really hurted my finger../.\ wuwuwu...thanks bryan..^0^

    ReplyDelete